By Captain Shane Nelson, 541-617-3386
Major Contributors to the Reward Fund
• Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office $2,500
• Deschutes County Admin/BOCC $2,500
• City of Bend $5,000
• Taylor Northwest $2,500
• Smith Properties and Friends $10,000
Dr. James Verheyden, M. D.
The Garcia Family
• Dalton Baarstad/Brennan Venturi $2,000
Vape Game, LLC
• Cascade Timberlands $2,000
This brings the total reward to $26,500 to anyone with information that leads to a successful conviction of the person or persons responsible. For information on reward contributions please contact:
Captain Shane Nelson, 541-617-3386 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Multi-Agency Investigation Team, led by the Oregon State Police, wants information residents can provide about the start of the Two Bulls Fire. Please call with any information about activity, individuals, or vehicles seen on Cascade Timberlands property, in the days leading up to the fire. They also want information on the smaller quarter-acre fire that was started and contained yesterday.
Anyone with information that could help identify the suspects is asked to contact the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 1-877-876-8477 (TIPS). Sheriff Blanton stated, “The fires are suspicious in nature and the ongoing investigation indicates suspicion of potential arson.” If Citizens see suspicious activity or something that doesn’t look right, we encourage them to report it to Deschutes County 9-1-1.
EVACUATION NOTICE LEVELS
Deschutes County I. T. has produced a link to a map that shows the current Evacuation Notice Levels, Interactive Map: https://maps.deschutes.org/custom/simple/index.html
*This map will be updated with any change in Evacuation Notice Levels.
Level II. The Sheriff’s Office WILL ONLY ALLOW RESIDENTS IN THIS AREA.
- The Skyliners Road area outside the City of Bend.
- Residents returning to their homes should be aware of any additional fire activity. Residents should be cautious if they return home as there is only one main exit out of the Skyliners Road residential area.
- The Saddleback Subdivision area to include some evacuated homes on Johnson Road, Tyler Road and Kuhlman Road.
- The area located south of Shevlin Park Road, west of Mt. Washington Drive, and north of Century Drive.
- The remainder of Northwest Crossing (east of Mt. Washington Drive), and the area that includes residents north of Shevlin Park and west of Mt. Washington Drive.