******************* Updated Periodically as Fire Status Change*******************
For more information: Central Oregon Interagency Dispatch Center
Media Desk: 541-416-6811
Location: ½ mile from Muskrat Lake and 2 miles northwest of Cultus Lake. The fire is located within the Three Sisters Wilderness on the Deschutes National Forest.
Size: Approximately 50 acres
The Deschutes National Forest Type 4 Team has command of the fire.
Hand crews and wildland fire modules are assigned to the fire and will continue to hold containment lines, mop up, and begin rehab within the Three Sisters Wilderness.
Emergency Area Closure: The emergency closure of areas and trails in the vicinity of the fire was modified on August 14, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. Key changes are highlighted below:
The following areas remain closed to provide for public and firefighter safety during mop-up, rehab and demobilization of fire equipment as much of this work will require delivery and removal of resources via helicopter.
West Cultus boat-in Campground is closed.
Closed National Forest Service System Trails include:
· Deer Lake Trail #6 from the Deer Lake Trailhead to the junction with Many Lakes Trail #15
· Corral Swamp Trail #8 in its entirety
· Teddy Lake Trail #5 in its entirety
· Many Lakes Trail #15 in its entirety
· Winopee Lake Trail #16 from the junction with the Corral Swamp/Metolius-Windigo Trail to the Pacific Crest Trail
· Metolius Windigo Trail #99 from the junction with Corral Swamp Trail #8 to the junction with Senoj Lake Trail #41.1
Big and Little Cove Campgrounds and the areas on the north shore of Cultus Lake are open.
Six Lakes Trailhead is open.
The Pacific Crest Trail remains open.